Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hello....hello? Anyone out there???

Yowzer. I just looked at the date of my last post and realized that this might be THE longest I have ever gone without posting. It's a problem when you are starting to get hate mail / calls from your three loyal readers. Sorry. But I really have had a good excuse. "I'm just saying..."

So just in case you were wondering, here is a look at my to-do list that started about a month ago and will end....hmmmm.... probably sometime after Christmas.

1. Family Pictures - Oh the dread. Found outfits, picked location and "hired" mom to be the professional photographer. G&G spent the afternoon trying to get kids to smile, look and NOT fidget. You know how that goes. Glad they are over. Pictures coming soon...
2. Hallee's baptism pictures - Found and ordered the dress. "Hired" mom to once again make the trip to our house to take the pictures. She looked beautiful. That is until I wiped her nose a little aggressively spurring on a nose bleed all over the white dress. Awesome.
3. Visiting Teaching Workshop. A little worried going into it that it was going to be a COMPLETE disaster but it actually turned out really nice. Hopefully I will get around to posting about it.
4. And the Shining Star of the month is HOPE HODGES. Made a poster (forgot to take a picture), bought treats and went to Hope's preschool to tell all about her. She was queen for the day.
5. Remember my friend Jen that said, "There are those that DO. And those that DON'T. You are one that DOES." Somehow I agreed to be the room parent for Hallee's classroom at school. SO, for the past few weeks I have been planning and organizing her upcoming Halloween party AND creating a booth for the carnival. Had to recruit Troy on this one. Still working on it now. I'll let you know how it comes along. And by the way. Stay tuned for a VERY important soapbox post about how I feel about the lack parental involvement. Ya. Just be prepared. It's gonna be ugly.
6. I am also in the middle of preparations for the Utah Dance Judges Association. Our Fall workshop is just a few weeks away so I am frantically getting all the paperwork and e-mails up to date.
7. In my spare time I decided to make all three girls Halloween costumes. In fact, just finished them up today. Super cute if I can say so myself.
8. Next on the list is preparing for Hope's birthday. Since she is a gum fanatic I'm thinking something along the lines of a bubblegum birthday. Hmmmm...... it just might work.
9. Creeping around the corner is my competition. Registration forms are flooding in. Time to start making all the arrangements.
10. And off in the near future is Hallee's 8th birthday and you know what that means. Luckily the dress is bought, pictures are done and now I just have to work on the keepsake book I decided to do in all my spare time. Speaking of which....if you haven't turned in your letter (and you know who you are) COME ON ALREADY!!!! :)

So, on the days that I am super ornery and Troy asks me what is wrong I just look at him and then point to my to-do list so nicely hanging from the refrigerator door. Then he lovingly sweeps me off my feet, kisses me gently on the forehead as he lays me down on the couch to give me a much needed back massage and asks what he can do to lessen my stress. OK. NOT QUITE. It more or less includes the words "more than you can chew."

So to my loyal listeners (he he), despite it all, I think I am back. Sorry to leave you hanging.

6 comments:

Heather said...

You always know how to fill your schedule!!:) I am sure you will be happy when you can breathe a sigh of relief that it is all over:)

JLJ said...

Ha! I love that last paragraph (2nd to last). Glad to have you back. Am I wrong? Isn't Hallee's b-day at the end of December? If I'm not wrong, holy cow, you are working ahead of schedule.... good for you!

JLJ said...

ps, can't wait for the parental involvement rant.

smithfamilymoments said...

Glad to have ya back, I've missed ya!

Tara said...

Ok miss wonder women you need to slow down, I can't believe all you have accomplished.

The Lively's said...

I find I finish my list only to find ten more things added on. Ugh! ; ) your daughters room turned out super cute I love the brown you did with the shelve. Very cute! I think derek may have to live with the computer for awhile but if you did it I guess it can't be that bad can it?