Thursday, August 4, 2011

Crazy. Funny. Cool

Hope's been at it again. Cracking us up with her spunky ideas and comments. Seriously puts a smile on our faces daily. There's only one problem. She has recently become very shy about her funny ways and HATES when I share them. She says it embarrasses her. Dang. What a dilemma. So here's the deal. I'll tell you- for record keeping purposes but you have to promise not to say anything to her about it. Deal? (Some day soon she will thank me as she laughs with us remembering all the fun things she said and did right?)

First up...TODAY'S THE DAY!

It was Hope's first day of 1st grade. I was doing her hair. And very matter of fact she says, "SO, Today's the day huh?"
Me: Yep. Big day today. Are you excited for your first day?"
Hope: (Totally disgusted) "MOM!" I am NOT talking about that! I'm talking about the grocery store. You ARE going today right!?"

Holy crud.
(A little background information: The pantry's been a little low lately and I have been trying to limit the number of times I go to the grocery store and just use up what we have. I had been telling the girls I would probably go once they were back in school...)

On another note...DARE ME TO PRAY

While out on a bike ride the other day Hope was telling us some story about something that happened at school. Troy and I listened carefully but must have cracked a smile at the end because she said, " I"m NOT lying! I'm telling you the truth. If you dare me to pray the gospel will tell you I'm not lying!" He he.

And last but not least... CRUSHING ON ME.

During our dinner conversation Hope tells us about this boy at school who is "totally crushing on me!"

Troy: "How do you know he is "crushing" on you?"
Hope: "Just they way he is always looking at me. OH YA. and he did mouth language to me and said "I LOVE YOU."
Troy and I: "He what?"
Hope: "He mouth languaged me. You know when you just say the words but nothing comes out."

Oh boy. We are in TROUBLE!

Thanks for always bringing the laughter to our home Hopers! We luv ya!

4 comments:

JLJ said...

I promise not to tell. You have GOT to keep those coming. Hilarious!! She is like a character out of a Beverly Cleary novel. I love it!!

Heather said...

She is always saying the funniest things!! One day she will be happy you recorded all of these things....if not you will at least have a good laugh!!

The Lively's said...

YOur little Hope is a crack up, just ask her Teachers at church...AKA...Aron!!!! That is hilarious...you are in trouble. We all are if our kids are talking like that in like HELLO first grade! :) Sheesh! Well Hope is a cutie so no wonder this boy is "crushing on her"!

Tara said...

OH BOY do I love HOPE- She is a riot!