Sunday, November 8, 2009

Life with twins + 4 more

Last week my sister fell down her stairs holding her baby and ended up breaking the bone in her back right above the tailbone. (And they say I am the weakling in the family! :)) Pretty hard to take care of your kids when you can't even stand up let alone roll over.
So she got to have a few days of R&R, my kids got to hang out with their cousins for a few days, and I got to experience life with twins plus four more. Yep, that's six kids all under the age of 7.

Bridger and Caymbree are only a few weeks apart in age. Considering they are right smack dab in the middle of the terrible two's they did awesome together.




The kids did great! It got a little crazy during meal times and bedtimes but other than that it wasn't too bad. Luckily the weather was FABULOUS so they spent a LOT of time outside AND....


I had a LOT of help. Hallee was a life saver and earned five bucks for all her help. Unfortunately, she got a taste of what life is like for a mom and I am not sure she was too impressed. When we first picked up my sisters kids we had an hour and half car ride back to our house. I put Hallee right in the middle so she could give the baby the binkie when needed, entertain Caymbree, and pass treats to all the kids. About 1/2 hour into the car ride we had the following conversation....
Hallee: "Wow. I think I now know why you are always in a hurry to put us to bed."
Me: "Oh ya? Why's that."
Hallee: "Cause this is crazy! All I can think is how I can't wait until everybody is in bed."
Me: "Yep. Taking care of kids is really hard work sometimes. That's why mom gets kind of ornery some nights."
Hallee: "Ya. Now I know."

This picture still cracks me up. When I went in to check on the girls one night this is how I found Adi and Hallee. Too funny. If it would have been Hope laying on Hallee she probably would've ended up with a broken nose.

9 comments:

Adree said...

I am prety sure she edited this because she knew I was going to read it. I have my doubts about any moment being easy or fabulous. I do want to give a shout out to her for all to read. She saved my bacon. I have no idea what I would have done without her. Without getting to mushy She really is an angel!!!!!!
love ya sis!!! and yes I will finally admitt that I am wimp.

jgalke said...

Way to go Wonder Woman. Lets just add it to the list of things I admire you for!

Amanda said...

Great job! I don't know if I could have done it! I love how Hallee has the funniest conversations with you. She says some of the cutest things. I love the pictures of the girls rooms. When we move back to Utah and we buy a home can I hire you and your mom out?

Heather said...

Looks like Hallee was really worn out helping with all those kids!!!:) You are great to take them for a few days!

slap said...

WOW.....that'll keep ya busy for sure!! What a great sister you are!!!

Unknown said...

Wow poor Adree! Thank goodness for loving sisters!!! I am certain I would have lost my mind.

Tristen said...

Tara was telling me about your sister. I'm sad for her. You are a nice sister to help out. I love that it clicked for Hallee how precious bed time is for parents! I am always rushing to get my kids in bed. I hope your sis is feeling better.

JLJ said...

That is horrible about Adree. How awful! But how lucky she is to have a great sister like you nearby and willing to help.

Tara Williams said...

You are my Hero!!