Monday, April 13, 2009

Introducing our newest additions....

We are SO not pet people. Well, actually TROY is SO not a pet person and I am just not willing to put in the time required. But I've always wanted my girls to experience having a pet. So this Easter we broke down and decided to get the girls a bunny for Easter. I knew we would be headed to Logan for Spring Break/Easter so I called my dad and asked him to buy a bunny that we could surprise the girls with. Of course, one just wasn't enough for him so he bought TWO bunnies. The night before we left for Logan we told the girls we had a surprise for them and started giving them some clues. Hope was convinced it was a plant. Yep Hope, we bought you a plant for Easter. Seriously, she is funny.

The girls were SOOOOOOO excited when they saw their surprise. When I asked what we should name them Hope immediately came up with Diamond for the gray one and surprisingly Hallee agreed. I said the black one looked like a skunk and so for a minute the girls started calling him Skunk. Later that day Hope informed us that the gray one shall officially be known as DIAMOND LESHA . And "Skunk" ended up being such a little stinker (not in smelly kind of way but in a mischievous kind) so he became STINKER. And there you have it.

All the cousins had SO much fun playing with them over the weekend and I was a little worried they may not survive long enough for us to get them home. They have two completely different personalities. Diamond Lesha is very mellow sweet and lets Hope carry it around like a baby. Stinker has spunk and loves to run!!! You have to keep your eye on it because it loves to make a break for it the first chance it gets. (Be prepared for "Have you seen me?" signs).
And now the million dollar dollar answer to your question....NO, we don't know if they are girls or boys or one of each. The salesperson didn't know. I guess we'll find out in approximately 21 days from now. And then we will be dropping a bunny off on your front door step.

10 comments:

Joni said...

What a good mom you are! I don't think I can ever break down to get a pet. I know, I'm sure eventually I might have to give a little. I'm hoping fish will do.

JLJ said...

I know what you mean about not wanting a pet but wanting your kids to have the experience. #2 would LOVE a dog. He is so into dogs and puppies. But I don't think I could ever commit to that. I've considered a gecko. Keep us updated on Diamond and Stinker.

jgalke said...

AHHHHH! What do you mean you don't know if they are boys or girls? You are so in for it. Diamond Lesha is an awesome name. Congrats on the new babies. I'll bring my boys by soon. I'll be preparing the "No we can't have a bunny" speech.

Anonymous said...

Oh the things you do for your kids! Seriously though our little cat has been so fun for my kids, plus it teaches them responsibility. Call me when you need two more kids to moll them!

Kelli said...

Diamond Lesha is about the cutest name I've ever heard! Too cute! Good luck with the bunnies. Even though I'm not an animal lover at all, I am so glad we have a dog for our boys. They are such a pain, but it's worth it for your kids. Have fun!

Tara said...

LOVe the bunnies, The girls are so loving them! They will never forget these little guys

Heather said...

You are brave!! It looks like the kids really do love them:)

Unknown said...

How cool! I love pets so much. I think they can teach so much. Like where's the poopoo.

The Jensen 6 said...

I so admire your bravery. My kids would love a bunny...and I would have to clean up after it, feed it, and otherwise care for it. So no bunny for us. I'm struggling enough to keep our bird fed. They're some cute bunnies though!

slap said...

I had a bunny when I was little!!!